2 Year Door to Door
2 Year Door to DoorDestiny Homes has constructed your home with carefully selected materials and the effort of experienced craftsmen and laborers under supervision from our field personnel. A home is one of the last hand-built products that you can watch come together piece-by-piece.
Our basic, Door-to-Door coverage provides protection for items or features of your home that fail to perform or operate up to their intended purpose under normal use. The following is a brief overview of some of the covered items.
- Defects in materials and workmanship as defined in the RWC warranty booklet
- Garage doors (limited lifetime as defined by the manufacturer, excludes springs)
- Flooring (as defined by the manufacturer)
- HVAC systems, labor, and installation, noisy duct work
- Light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Defects in electrical main panel, electrical service disconnect, wiring, switches and outlets
- Floor pops and squeaks – one repair per year for the first two years to reduce noise as much as possible without the removal of floor or ceiling finishes and coordinated with Year-End submissions
- Interior drywall touch-up – one repair per year for the first two years (cracks and nail pops), coordinated with Year-End submissions
- Plumbing leaks at fixtures, fittings, interior pipes and plumbing labor
- Water heater and garbage disposal
5 Year Peace of Mind
At Destiny Homes we strive to create lasting value and the peace of mind of living in a well-built home. Your home is probably one of the largest, most important investments you’ve ever made and we wish you many years of enjoyment. Our 5-year coverage specifically addresses some of the most important aspects of your home and with proper maintenance the following list of items should perform as expected.
- Roof leaks due to materials or workmanship (excludes storm damage and improper maintenance)
- Basement leaks (excludes leaks caused by failure to maintain positive drainage outside the home)
- Plumbing fixtures (specifically faucets as defined by the manufacturer)
- Siding (excludes storm damage)
- Interior gas lines
- HVAC compressor, condenser coil and thermostat (heat exchanger carries 20 year manufacturer warranty)
- Breaks in window seals, defects with sash locks as defined by manufacturer
- Termite protection
10 Year Structural
A Major Structural Defect is actual physical damage to one or more of the following specified load-bearing elements of the home, causing failure of the specific major structural components, which affect the home’s load-bearing function to the extent that it materially affects the physical safety of the occupants of the home.
A Major Structural Defect can be defined in on the following categories:
- Roof framing members (rafters & trusses)
- Floor framing members (joists & trusses)
- Lintels (other than lintels supporting veneers)
- Foundation system and footings
- Bearing Walls
- Load-bearing beams